The novel coronavirus outbreak has altered the way most financial planning professionals must operate their businesses, engage with clients and deliver advice. On World Financial Planning Day, 7 October 2020, join experts from around the world at 14:00h UTC for a live global panel event to discuss COVID-19 — both as a business disruptor and as a catalyst for streamlining operations, incorporating technology and developing service offerings to meet the changing needs of clients. Hosted by Financial Planning Standards Board (FPSB), the standards-setting body for the global financial planning profession, this event is open to all CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals and financial planning practitioners/students around the world.
COVID-19 and the Financial Planning Profession: Disruptor, Catalyst or Both?
Moderated by Gerhardt Meyer, CFP, FPSB Board Chairperson, South Africa
- David Blanchett, PhD, CFA, CFP, Head of Retirement Research, Morningstar Investment Management LLC, USA
- Ian Pickford, CFP, Head of Financial Planning and Wealth Management, Mazars UK
- José Alexandre Cavalcanti Vasco, Director, Office of Investor Protection and Assistance, Comissão de Valores Mobiliários (CVM), Brazil
Delivering From a Distance: Serving Client Needs in a Global Pandemic
Moderated by Ana Cláudia Akie Utumi, CFP, FPSB Board Member, Brazil
- Julie Littlechild, Founder and CEO, Absolute Engagement, Canada
- Hansi Mehrotra, CFA, Founder, The Money Hans, India
- Christopher Tan, CFP, CEO, Providend, Ltd.; Executive Director, MoneyOwl Pte Ltd., Singapore
08:00h (U.S., Denver)
We have translated 14:00h UTC to some local time zones below:
10:00h (U.S., New York)
16:00h (Cape Town)
The virtual event will be broadcast live on FPSB’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages. To join the broadcast, simply tune into one of the platforms below at the event start time. We suggest following FPSB on your preferred social platform in advance of the event so you will be notified when the broadcast goes live.